Opening Hours and Price List
10am to 6pm (last entry at 5:30pm). Closed on Mondays (open on public holidays).
Free admission on Tuesdays and the 15th of every month.
|Student card holders
|Children of 12 years old or under and seniors of 65 years old or above
|Macao Resident Identity Card holders
|Schools and non-profit associations (submitted 7 working days in advance)
|Tourist guide card holder issued by the Macau Government Tourist Office
|MOP10.00 per person
|Commercial institutions (with a minimum of 10 persons, submitted 7 working days in advance)
|MOP10.00 per person
|Travel Agencies (registered in the Macao Museum)
Praceta do Museu de Macau (Mount Fortress)
Tel: 853- 2835 7911
Fax: 853- 2835 8503
Disabled Access Entrance:
South Gate of Mount Fortress at Caminho dos Artilheiros
Tel：853- 8394 1204
Fax：853- 2875 2756
Disabled visitors may access Macao Museum via the south gate of Mount Fortress at Caminho dos Artilheiros. Parking spaces are available outside the gate.Disabled visitors may access Mount Fortress Garden and Macao Museum via the lift located at the south gate passage.
Please locate our security guard or call the museum reception on 853-8394 1204 for any assistance.
Wheelchairs are available for use upon request at the ticketing office of the main hall.
Organisations for the disabled may arrange group visits to the Macao Museum by making prior reservations by calling 853-8394 1218 (Ms. Leong)
Large and small public buses frequently traverse the Macao Peninsula, and Taipa and Coloane islands; routes are illustrated in Chinese and Portuguese. All public buses are equipped with air-conditioning facilities.
|start and stop
|3 / 3A / 10 / 10A
|Ferry Terminal→ Av. Almeida Ribeiro
|3A / 3X / 10
|Portas do Cerco → Av. Almeida Ribeiro
|Portas do Cerco → Ruins of St. Paul’s
|A-Ma Temple → Camões Garden
|5 / 10 / 10A / 11 / 21A
|A-Ma Temple → Av. Almeida Ribeiro
|Macao Cultural Centre → Social Welfare Bureau
|Almirante Lacerda Municipal “Red” Market → Av. Almeida Ribeiro
|Rua da Pérola Oriental → Av. Almeida Ribeiro
|Iao Hon → Camões Garden
|Taipa → Av. Almeida Ribeiro
|Hac-Sa Beach / Islands → Av. Almeida Ribeiro
|Ferrira Amaral Square → Social Welfare Bureau
|Ferrira Amaral Square → Camoes Garden
Arrangement for opening hours under special weather conditions
Macao, located in a subtropical region at the South of Tropic of Cancer, has a warm temperate climate and ample rainfall in Summer. It has sufficient rainfall throughout the year. The weather is hot and humid between May and September, during which typhoons (tropical cyclones) and torrential rain occurrences are frequent. When Typhoon Warning Signal No.8 is hoisted, all marine and aerial transportation will be suspended. Urban public transport will also cease operation.
Arrangement for opening hours while Tropical Cyclone Warning is in force
Macao Museum and its affiliated venues:
When Tropical Cyclone (Typhoon) strikes
- In case Typhoon Warning Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted before 9am, all venues will be closed.
- In case Typhoon Warning Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted during opening hours, all venues will immediately be closed.
After Tropical Cyclone has passed
- In case Typhoon Warning Signal No. 8 is lowered before 7:30am, all venues will be open to public during normal opening hours.
- In case Typhoon Warning Signal No. 8 is lowered between 7:30am and 9am, all venues will be open to public one and a half hour after the Typhoon Warning Signal is lowered.
- In case Typhoon Warning Signal No. 8 is lowered between 9am to 1pm, all venues will be open to public at 2:30pm.
- In case Typhoon Warning Signal No. 8 is lowered between 1pm and 2:30pm, all venues will be open to public one and a half hour after the Typhoon Warning Signal is lowered.
- In case Typhoon Warning Signal No. 8 is lowered after 2:30pm, all venues will however remain closed in the afternoon.